Sunday 21 November 2010

Emigration time desu

So once again I return to this forsaken blog in the hopes of actually continuing to write in it once in a while with some purpose. I'm hoping the fact that I can potentially turn this blog into another expat blog about Japan will help kill this procrastination. That isn't to say, by the way, that I don't like expat blogs about Japan. Far from it. Just there is, y'know, quite a few to look at and I'm not going to kid myself that if I do the same that it will get any readers. I'm boring, capiche?

So, on this coming Wednesday my significant other and I will finally stop wasting money on visiting Japan and actually live there for a while. At least, as long as the plan goes well and we can both find work enough to sustain us. I have a job interview this next Monday coming, too, at a preschool in Tokyo! I wasn't expecting to potentially get a job with kids that small but I think I might actually like that a lot more!

Our apartment is in Adachi-ku in Tokyo, famous for Bunka fry and Takeshi Kitano. Yes, that does mean it is as rough as it sounds, apparently. Although, to me it looks like a wonderful suburb with a stunning river to potentially set up a jogging regieme next to. Oh, and a cinema and shops. Good times. No arcade, however, which may be a deal breaker, although knowing Japan this simply cannot be true.

Oh, and we haven't finished packing yet. Nope. At least, my other half has packed all his clothes and we're almost done with games, films and music... as for my clothes? I can do that all in a day, right?

No comments: